Choosing your wedding venue is one of the most important things you’ll do when planning your wedding. We have provided a list of top questions to ask a wedding venue, provided by various wedding planners throughout the country! We have also provided this free, printable list of questions to ask a wedding venue that you can take with you on your site visits!
Questions to Ask a Wedding Venue
Scheduling and Accommodations
- Is my wedding date available?
- How many other weddings are scheduled that day?
- How many people can the venue accommodate?
- How long will I have use of the event space(s) I reserve? Is there an overtime fee ifI stay longer?
- Can I hold my ceremony here, too? If so, is there an additional charge?
- Is there a bride’s changing area?
- How much time is allocated for the rehearsal?
- Is there room for a band and/or dancing?
- Are there adequate bathroom facilities?
- Is there a coat check?
- Is the site handicap accessible?
- Is there parking on site? If so, is it complimentary? Do you offer valet parking?
- What is the venue fee and what is included in that price?
- Is there a discount for booking an off-season date or Sunday through Friday?
- How much is the deposit, when is it due, and is it refundable?
- What’s the cancellation policy?
- What’s the payment plan for the entire bill?
Vendors and Setup
- Must I use in-house caterers, or choose from a preferred vendor list?
- If I hire my own caterer, are kitchen facilities available for them?
- Can I bring in a cake from an outside cake maker or must I use a cake made on the premises? Is there a cake-cutting fee? If I use a cake made on site is the fee waived? Do you provide special cake-cutting utensils?
- When can my vendors arrive for setup?
- Are there any decoration limitations?
- Are candles permitted?
- Are tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware and glassware provided? If so, is there an additional charge?
- Can I move things around and decorate to suit my purposes, or do I have to leave everything as is?
- Does the venue own sound equipment, or do I need to rent my own?
Food and Beverage
- Are you licensed to provide alcohol service? If so, is alcohol priced per person? 2. By consumption? Are there additional charges for bar staff?
- What is the food & beverage cost on a per-person basis? What is the tax and service charge?
- Can I bring my own wine, beer or champagne, and is there a corkage fee if I do?
- Can I bring in other alcohol?
- Is there a backup plan for rain or inclement weather?
- Who is responsible for setting up and tearing down the decor, and when will it be completed?
- Does the venue have liability insurance?
- Will there be security guards on site, or do I need to make my own arrangements?